Here we grow!
Now hiring: Account Manager
Coalesce Marketing and Design, an Appleton marketing agency, seeks an energetic, motivated and detail-oriented individual to grow together with our expanding account services team. The role is challenging and varied but also extremely exciting and rewarding!
Facilitate, plan, and coordinate the execution of traditional and digital deliverables that support clients’ marketing strategies and, ultimately, help achieve business goals.
The account manager has the overall responsibility for the smooth implementation of client strategies and campaigns, as well as the day-to-day turnaround of work, ensuring projects are produced on time and on budget. Account managers serve as the main point of contact for daily client communication across multiple assigned accounts.
The account manager is responsible for developing strategies and proposals, creating project estimates, and scheduling and timing project execution. He/she informs the client at every stage and ensure they are happy with the work as it progresses. Additionally, the account manager interfaces with various people internally at the agency to move projects forward on behalf of clients.
Coalesce seeks an energetic, motivated and detail-oriented individual to support the account services team. The perfect candidate will:
- Possess an exceptional attention-to-detail and a keen ability to multitask
- Handles paperwork and maintains digital and hard copy files on all client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Understand the client’s needs and ask informed questions to develop deeper understanding
- Gain and maintain familiarity with the client’s brands, products, marketing developments, business culture and competition
- Develop and/or coordinate development of traditional and digital marketing and communication plans
- Manage, coordinate and monitor the development process of client marketing materials, including:
- Branding and strategy
- Participate in, and in some cases facilitate, client meetings
- Act as the liaison between the client and Coalesce by maintaining regular contact with both and ensuring that communication flows effectively
- Prioritize and assign tasks to other agency staff
- Coordinate with outside vendors, including printers, photographers, programmers, etc.
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Monitor client projects to ensure they are within budget
- Review and approve vendor invoices; prepare monthly billing information for Coalesce to invoice
- Monitor effectiveness of projects/campaigns; prepare reporting, if applicable
- Write marketing copy and proofread, as needed
- Create and manage client social media accounts, as needed
- Provide data entry, as needed
- Conduct primary and secondary research, as needed, to understand the client’s stakeholders (ex. customers, prospective customers, distributors, suppliers, employees, neighbors, government officials, shareholders) and their perspectives.
- Gain a thorough understanding of agency tracking system to efficiently manage client projects, including:
- Develop project estimates and create jobs within agency project management system
- Create project timelines
- Interact with editors, writers, reporters to publicize client products/services and discuss client issues, as needed
- Contribute to agency marketing efforts
- Consider maintaining active membership in one professional organization, attending most monthly meetings and serving on a committee
- The ideal candidate should possess a BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or a related business program and have a minimum of three-to-five years of progressive experience in an agency or corporate communications environment.
- Comfortable and capable of managing multiple clients, projects and priorities
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience in developing and executing results-based communications, marketing and media plans
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw effective conclusions
- Acute attention to detail
- Familiarity with using social media for marketing purposes
- Experience in managing outside vendors (printers, photographers, video production companies, etc.) to accomplish project objectives
- Knowledge of software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Ads platform, Survey Products, Inbound and Outbound Marketing Platforms, etc.)
- Ability to establish strong working relationships within Coalesce and with clients in work situations — a true team player
- Strong project management skills
- Efficiency in time management
- Excellent verbal communications
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Leadership potential
- A desire to grow personally and professionally
- Passion for marketing and love of great design
Are you interested? Send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.